Wednesday, May 09, 2007

OLIVIA & AVERY MEET ASHTON!!
Today we got to meet Ashton and his mom Shannon for the very first time. Ashton is a former 24 weeker born at McMaster Hospital only 5 days before Olivia & Avery. During the girl's 3 month stay at Mac, Shannon and I never actually met while we were there but I had seen her and Ashton's dad Jeff many times at the hospital. It wasn't until a few months ago that we came into contact through the wonderful world of blogging. So today was a pretty exciting day for me to get to meet them both in person.
The first time I saw Ashton on his blog I could not get over how incredibly gorgeous and adorable he was. Ashton has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, dystonia, and is deaf in both ears. He is currently in the process of getting a cochlear implant. But, I have to tell everyone that when our little yappy Rylie started barking I think Ashton might have actually heard him. I think he is going to prove some of his doctors wrong in life! A true little miracle. I also have to say that Ashton's mom Shannon is one of the strongest moms out there. She is someone that a lot of mother's could learn from. Ashton could not have chosen a better mother.
Check out the smile on Ashton! I didn't get a close enough shot but he has some killer blue eyes that are just stunning.






















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Vickie

23wktwinsmommy said...

Yay that is so cool you guys got together!!!
I wish I lived closer!

Anonymous said...

They all look so cute together!

Ashton is such a lucky guy to be surrounded by such beautiful ladies.